Sunday, May 17, 2009

Recruit 81...Or in other words AUSTIN


So in some ways the time has really flown and in other ways it feels like he'll never be done with the Academy. Tomorrow will start week 16 out of 24. He's still really loving it. I really don't know how he does it. He's up by 5am every single day of the week and works all day and then goes to school. It's not like he has a kick back, take it easy kind of job. It's hard work. Then he gets to go throw ladders against a building all night and their physical training is like an episode of Biggest Loser - no, not the makeover one - the one where Jillian tortures the contestants until they puke or start crying and sweat is puddling on the floor forming a new reservoir. Today they are getting into Hazmat stuff. If it's not bad enough that they have to wear the Hazmat suit over their regular turnout gear, it is supposed to be 105 degrees today.

The drill instructors and captains have given the recruits Memorial Day weekend off. I took the weekend off work too and we are getting the heck outta here for a couple days. It is a much needed break. I can't say too much because I'm keeping the destination a secret from Austin. But I'll post pictures after we get back.
Anyways, life is busy but it's good. I'm so proud of Austin. He works so hard so that hopefully in the near future, he can have a great career and I can stay home with the girls.



Their class is referred to as 09-6 so they did this cool push up thing...

2 comments:

staci baker said...

Tiffany! It's been SO LONG! I saw your blog from Rikke's. It's fun to see your cute girls and what you Nielsons are up to!

My blog is private, so email me at stacibaker5@gmail.com, and I'll send you an invite, if you want!

staci baker said...

This is Staci Lewis, by the way! ;)