Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Soap

You know you've raised a California girl when...
About a month ago Hailey came running into my room one morning saying 'mom, mom you have to come see this'. Well I thought the worst. I heard her and Miley playing and used some of that playtime to just lay in bed for a few extra minutes. I thought for sure Miley had done something unspeakable with her diaper but to my surprise, everything was intact when I walked into the room. Hailey was standing on a chair with the blinds pulled up and asked...
"Why is there soap on the ground?" So what was this mystery 'soap' on the ground? It would be SNOW! We've lived here for over 3 years and it has never snowed at our elevation. We can drive about 20 minutes up the pass towards Tahoe and there's feet of snow but never have we had snow on the ground here before. Hailey has been in snow before but I can understand why she was so confused. Of all things, she thought there were soap bubbles all over the back yard. We bundled up and went outside to play.

No comments: